Editor’s Note: Ramadan Survival Guide
We can better ourselves. We can ascend. We can transform. Everything that we always wanted to do and become, we can now achieve. All of this is due to the blessings and karamat of a single month; Shahru, the month of, Ramadan.
A month we have all been waiting for. This is the month:
- Rasulullahصلي الله عليه واله وسلم would make du’a to reach every year.
- In which the reward for sabr, patience, are the Gardens of Paradise.
- The beginning of which is a mercy, the middle of which is a forgiveness, and the last part of which is a deliverance from the Fire of Hell.
- The gates of heaven are flung open and the gates of the Fire of Hell are shut.
- The Shayatin, devils, are shackled and chained.
Often times, the blessings associated with this month are lost with the preoccupations of iftaar dinners, spending all day thinking of different foods to eat at iftaar, or sleeping through the entire day. This often is the result of not realizing the multitude of benefits associated with this month.
Ramadan Shareef is a month of happiness. We are able to come together with our families and spend more time at the masjid. Not only that, but we can strengthen our connection to Allah by reading his words in the Majestic Qur’an, our rope to Him. Ramadan Shareef is a month of transformation, a time when we can change ourselves.
It’s important to recognize; however, that change is not easy. Even though the days are becoming longer with late Taraweeh prayer and iftaar times, we have to strengthen ourselves for this one month of sacrifice. Insha’Allah, if we approach this month with enthusiasm, shukr, and sabr we will gain immense reward. We can transform, and we can experience the month of Ramadan the way our Beloved صلي الله عليه وسلم did. In this issue, we put some articles together to help us take the most of this blessed month.
May we always reach Ramadan Shareef and reap its benefits and blessings! Ameen
-Br. Thymur Dogar