Our Beloved Prophet (ﷺ )
Our Beloved Prophet (ﷺ ): Miracles
1. Our Prophet (ﷺ ) du’a is accepted for Rain
Rasulullah (ﷺ) was once asked to make du’a since the animals, children, and people were suffering greatly from a lack of rain. He raised his blessed hands to the sky and made du’a to Allah. The very same sky that hadn’t even a trace of cloud in it suddenly became crowded in dark clouds like mountains just as Rasulullah (ﷺ ) was putting his hands down from du’a. It rained heavily for a week, so much so, that someone asked Rasulullah (ﷺ ) to make du’a to help them from the overflow of rainwater. He then raised his blessed hands again, and asked Allah for rain around the city, but not upon the city; and thus, the rain stopped and the companions walked out in the sun.—Sahih Bukhari and Muslim
2. Our Prophet (ﷺ ) is shaded by clouds
Many times Rasulullah (ﷺ ) was shaded by clouds in miraculous ways:
– When Rasulullah (ﷺ ) was 12 years old, he traveled to Syria on a business trip with Hadrat Abu Talib. As they were approaching the city, a monk noticed that wherever Rasulullah (ﷺ ) went a cloud would follow and shade him from the sun.
– When Rasulullah (ﷺ ) was 24 years old, he again traveled to Syria but this time for Bibi Khadijah’s business. Bibi Khadijah’s servant, Maisra, narrated that Rasulullah (ﷺ ) was followed by clouds giving him shade wherever he went in the desert.
– After the incident of Ta’if before Hijra, Rasulullah (ﷺ ) was walking back to Makkah Mukaramah Shareef, and as he traveled, he noticed a cloud shading him as he made his way back through the heat of the desert.